OUR ESG INITIATIVES
We have been integrating Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) principles into our daily operations and risk management approaches for many years. Our European operations have been CarbonNeutral® certified for nine years running, and we have developed and implemented programs around water quality and sustainable yield by working alongside highly respected organizations such as the International Water Association in North America and Watercoolers Europe.
We intend to accelerate our sustainable practices in the years ahead through:
- Elevating our water stewardship practices through compliance by 2025 with the Alliance for Water Stewardship’s international standards for our owned key spring water sources.
- Reducing our carbon footprint through lower greenhouse gas emissions and becoming CarbonNeutral® certified in the United States by the end of 2021.
- Continuing sales and distribution of our returnable, refillable, and recyclable 3- and 5-gallon bottles.
In 2020, we made significant progress toward our ESG platform’s cornerstone initiatives, water stewardship and carbon neutrality, continuing to build on the company’s track record of sustainable practices:
- We received certifications from the Alliance for Water Stewardship (“AWS”) for our Diamond Spring site in Pennsylvania and our Wekiva Spring site in Florida;
- We achieved carbon neutral certification for our U.S. operations;
- We achieved carbon neutral certification for our European subsidiary, Eden Springs, for the ninth consecutive year;
- We continue to replace older model diesel vehicles in our delivery fleet with propane-powered vehicles that deliver greater fuel efficiency and help lower our greenhouse gas emissions; and
- We remain on target to reach full AWS compliance of all key owned spring sources by 2025.
ESG / Sustainability Leadership
Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Board of Directors, Chair of ESG and Nominating Committee